Monday, December 22, 2008

Reflection

Look at me...
you may think you see who I really am,
but you never know me
Every day it’s as if I’m playing a part
Now I see, if I wear a mask I can fool the world,
but I cannot fool my heart

Who is that girl I see staring straight back at me...
When will my reflection shows who I am inside...

I am now in a world
where I have to hide my heart and what I believe in
But somehow I will show the world
what’s inside my heart and be loved for who I am

Who is that girl I see staring straight back at me...
Why is my reflection someone I don’t know...
Must I pretend that I’m someone else for all time...
When will my reflection shows who I am inside...


I've been listening to that song [Reflection by Christina Aguilera], not because I like the singer, but because I feel the lyrics is very much reflecting what I feel lately...

Sometimes I looked in the mirror and I don't really recognize my own reflection. It's just a woman stares back at me...
Sometimes she looked happy.
Sometimes she looked sad.
Sometimes she looked excited.
Sometimes she looked depressed
Sometimes she looked joyful.
Sometimes she looked lifeless and empty.
Sometimes she looked desperate.
Sometimes she has traces of tears on her cheeks.
Sometimes she has the brightest smile on.
Sometimes she looked angry.
Sometimes she looked enthusiastic.
Sometimes she looked full of confident and sweet.
Sometimes she looked so low and bitter.
Sometimes she looked contented.
Sometimes she looked lost.
Sometimes she looked beautiful.
Sometimes she looked ugly and beaten.
Sometimes she looked strong.
Sometimes she looked vulnerable and fragile.

And then I started to wonder... What had happened....exactly...
Who is it...? Is it me...?
Most of the time I didn't recognize my reflection now...

No comments: