Monday, January 21, 2008

Sunday Bloody Sunday!

So, this is Sunday and I tried to hard to get up as late as I could. But I wasn’t really succeeded because I woke up at 7.30 AM. Well, only an hour later than usual. And 7.30 AM here is so…. Dark! It looked like it was still 5 AM or something. But I know that 7.30 PM here is also so…. Bright! Like it’s still 3 or 4 PM or so. The first thing that I did was to open my balcony door and let the fresh air flows in. I also opened the front door so the air can really flow in and out. It was nice, though. Cool and I could feel some morning breeze. Some birds were even singing. I love this place! This place is just perfect. I can find just about everything across the street here. Food, hairdresser, electronic shop, laundry, supermarket, clinics, convenient store, book store, fashion house, pharmacist as good as Guardian, Watsons and Caring, house ware store, banks [with ATM, of course!], gas station, hospital, optic, and even car showroom and repairing outlets! The only thing that I couldn’t find here is my family. My husband and my daughter.

As soon as I woke up the first wish was that I wanted today gets dark as soon as possible. Of course that wish was not granted at all! So, I tried to delay everything. I had a very slow morning activities. Woke up slowly, tried to linger a bit more in my bed. Go down and get myself some milk and drank it in a really slow way. Opened all doors, then sat on the sofa and let my mind wander somewhere else. I have no newspaper, so I took my book. The Witch of Portobello by Paulo Coelho. Too bad I’ve read most of it and left only a few pages [which was completely finished after 15 minutes of intense reading].
After finishing my drink, I decided to go back to my room upstairs and slept some more. I did! But only 15 minutes or so. My brain was not very cooperative, even though I told myself that I’m still tired from yesterday’s walk in the park. So, I had no choice but getting up. I decided to clean the house, even though I know cleaning the house wouldn’t take the whole day. Well, so cleaned the house. Mopped the floor, scrubbed it, wiped it, polished it. Then I went to the bathroom. I cleaned the whole bathroom. Scrubbed the floor and the walls, polished the walls, cleaned the toilet bowl. After that, I went down to the kitchen and started the general cleaning there. Apparently the general cleaning took about 2 hours or so [my apartment isn’t that big]. I sat down feeling exhausted, but when I looked to the clock, I was quite happy because it was already noon.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hello!
I'm a big Paulo Coelho's fan and I don't know if you heard about his blog
http://www.paulocoelhoblog.com
I've started as a fan and now I'm collaborating with him and thought that you would like to enter his universe.
Check the blog.
if you want, or subscribe to his newsletter
http://www.warriorofthelight.com/engl/index.html
You'll see a community of warriors of light sharing ideas, dreams and most importantly following their personal legend.

QUOTE OF THE DAY:

Whenever the Warrior of Light draws his sword, he uses it.
(Manual of the Warrior of Light)

Have a nice day!

Aart