Monday, April 07, 2008

My fifth trip to Bangkok

This is my fifth trip to Bangkok and I'm excited. Not because the venue, but because I'm going to meet a lot of friends. Old friends... Friends from other countries, friends from Indonesia [so, I can ask them to bring home some things for me!].

As usual, the trip I made is never a holiday trip... It's, once again, a working trip. I'm going to attend the IPPF Workshop. They had been changing the venue for several times and finally settled it down in Bangkok.

I took the afternoon flight, around 12 PM and arrived in Svarnabhumi Airport at around 2.30 PM. It's always good to land at some place you're familiar with. However, the weather was sooo hot! Even the taxi driver said that it was too hot for him. It was around 34 degree Celcius outside. Thank God they put us in a nice hotel called Windsor Suites Hotel at Sukhumvit Soi 20.

The first thing that I do after I unpack was finding Rachel's room. She promised me to bring my bangles! And I found out that she actually brought the whole collection of "The Ethical SLut".... my God! So, I ended up getting myself a nice big purple belt. I never like purple. It's not my favorite color. But this purple was soooo nice! I couldn't resist myself! So, I took it anyway....

We went to MBK afterwards. I was trying to get a backpack for myself but I couldn't find a suitable one. Rachel, on the other hand, came back with a bag of 5 tops!!! Hwahahaha! It's always like that. When you said you're just accompanying, you're ended up being the one who shops! After having such a wonderful shopping time, we decided to pamper ourselves with nice Japanese food. I'm not going to save money for myself this time because I don't have to bring home so many souvenirs as usual [Thank GOD!!!!]. I didn't plan to shop for myself either. I have planned to pamper myself with good food and good massage! So, we went to Fuji Restaurant and had some Gyouza, Chirashi Sushi, Enoki Roll, Okonomiyaki and green tea. We were so happy that we can hang out together again.


Isn't it a nice place to eat....? The food was horrible, though... >:P


1 comment:

Shoppingholic said...

me had such much fun too!! can't wait to see you again!!

KL!

KL!

KL!

and i'll bring a load of stuff again? =P