Sunday, August 03, 2008

Bienvienido a la Mexico!

I was still sleepy when we finally landed at Mexico City. It was 7 in the morning and I felt like I hadn't enough sleep. Well, maybe I had, but just not a good one. Then again, the process of getting out of the airport was painful [especially for those who were still sleepy!]. We had to go back and forth from one end to another for THREE TIMES!!! Everything was unclear. And everytime we asked someone, they gave us different answer, which was VERY confusing!!! Well... we finally sort everything out and able to get out of the airport. I NEED TO SMOKE!!!!

The hotel was not bad, and not too far from the heart of the city. After freshing up a bit, we decided to explore the surrounding, find something to eat and try to find the shuttle's hub. We ended up drinking coffee at an old fashioned cafe nearby, named Cafe Grand Premiro. The atmosphere is so oldies, I felt like I was having a coffee during the colonial time. Hahaha! After that, we walked down toward Paseo de la Reforma, because I knew that one of the hub is there. The city was a bit quiet, the weather was cool, the wind was freezing. But I love it! I've been staying in the hot weather for quite a while, so, I really enjoy being in cool weather [despite the rain that come and go]. We got on to the shuttle at the Glorietta de Colon. It took us almost an hour to reach the conference center because the driver was a bit confused. Never mind.

We sorted our ID Card for the conference and got all the conference kit and the bag too. Nining was wearing a short, so, she was freezing cold! They said it's summer time... but it doesn't feel like summer at all! I felt it more like autumn already or even early spring. I'm glad I came here... =) I should've brought my leather jacket, though...! And my boots too... =(


No comments: