Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Englishman in New York


No. I'm not an Englishman [apparently I'm also a woman!], but I have felt that "Englishman in New York" syndrome lately. I was having a bad day yesterday. After a nice long weekend, I was so ready to go back to work again. And in fact, I missed my office so bad. I couldn't wait to start working again. But what I got was a bunch of disappointment. I found that I had to finalize many things that should've been done by other people that I paid. I ended up cleaning up all the mess and found myself competing with time. Not to mention the internet connection problems that we had. It was awful!

I just don't understand why people like to work at the very last minutes and disregard the possibilities to prepare everything in advance. I always try to be organized for every single thing that I do, and I couldn't help feeling upset when others couldn't. But alas, I was the one being out casted. Just because I do thing differently. Out casted, just like an Englishman in New York. DAMN!

No comments: