Tuesday, June 03, 2008

A chat with an old friend

This morning I chatted with one of my old friend. he's also an NGO worker. We've chatted since 2005 or so. I was always thought his work was envious. But he also always told me that one day, I will become like him. Even better or more. Chatting with him has always been full of nostalgic conversations and meaningful.

We came from 2 different background of works. It's just so unbelievable that finally we've crossed the same path and do similar works. We used to talk about different things. I talked about things he didn't understand, and he talked about things I was totally clueless. Now, we can discuss the same issue. How wonderful is that...

The good thing about him is that he's always remind me of how I was [back in the private sector] and recognized my achievements. He's the only person who didn't call me "crazy" when I decided to leave the private sector and start working in NGO. He always been very supportive and had faith in me that I would be the best of myself.

Tim Apriyanto : hello...
Ratri : hey mas... [hi, brother...]

Tim Apriyanto : piye kabare dik? [how are you, sister?]

Ratri : apik mas.... [I'm fine, brother]

Ratri : lusa berangkat [I'm going the day after tomorrow]

Tim Apriyanto : wah....half day dong sekarang.. [so, are you taking a half-day work today?]

Ratri : nggak laaah.... ngapain pake half day segala? malah banyak yang harus dikejar sebelum berangkat [no way... why should I take a half-day work? I have so many things to finish before I fly]

Tim Apriyanto : ....foto-foto yang banyak ya,,,, [take loads of pictures...]

Ratri : hehehe... pastinya!!!! [of course...!!!]

Tim Apriyanto : ..kamu kan hobi foto ... [you really love taking pictures, don't you?]

Ratri : untung ada hari yang agak kosong nanti... tgl 8 sama 11, jadi bisa jalan2 [Thank God there will be a free time on the 8th ad 11th, so I will be able to go around]

Tim Apriyanto : ....ke sitenya ...twin tower kali ya..? [maybe you can go to the Twin Tower's site]

Ratri : iya... katanya nggak jauh, tapi hotelku deket banget sama empire state bulding dan madison square [yeah... I was told it's not too far, but my hotel is quite near to Empire State Building and Madison Square]

Tim Apriyanto : ....woooowwwwww...

Tim Apriyanto : ...dulu mimpiiii ....aja ke sana ya .. [back then, it was only a wild dream to go there, right...?]

Tim Apriyanto : sekarang ...bener-bener kenyataan... [now... it's coming true...]
Ratri : iyaaaaaaaaaa

Ratri : senangnyaaaaaaa [sooooo happy...!]

Tim Apriyanto : .....eh...Ra...beda..banget..ya ... [Hey, Ra.... it's so different, right?]

Tim Apriyanto : ...kamu kerja di Hotel dulu ... [you were working in the hotel back then...]

Tim Apriyanto : ...bertahun-tahun....sulit ...jalan-jalan [for so many years... so hard to travel around]

Ratri : embwerrr [you're right!!!]

Ratri : tapi party terus... itu bedanya [but I went to a lot of parties]

Ratri : tapi lama2 capek juga party2,gathering2 [until I fed up and had enough with parties and gatherings]

Tim Apriyanto : ....dan ....it's just not more than three years ... [and... it's just less than 3 years...]

Tim Apriyanto : ...you've made it ...
Tim Apriyanto : ...you got ...almost everything you dream about before...
Ratri : i know...

Ratri : tinggal europe dan amerika latin [just Europe and Latin America]

Ratri : amerika latin udah hampir.... agustus aku ke mexico [but Latin America is almost... I'm going to Mexico in August]
Tim Apriyanto : ...tinggal satu ra....yang belum ... [only one left, Ra... that you haven't have...]
Ratri : apaan? truck double cabin? [what is it? a double-cabin truck?]
Tim Apriyanto : ...yap.....double cabin ...as you love it very much b4

Ratri : yeah... on step at a time....

Ratri : God is trying to show me the world first...

Ratri : after i see everything, then i will have my time to get the truck

Tim Apriyanto : ....believe in your in mind ...because you are actually what you think ...

Ratri : i know...

Ratri : have you read "The Alchemist" by Paulo Coelho?

Tim Apriyanto : ...ehmmmm...not really...

Tim Apriyanto : ...not yet...

Ratri : it is said there... "when you want something, the whole world will conspire to help you realize your dreams"

Ratri : it is in our mind...
Ratri : we control our goals through our mind...
Tim Apriyanto : ..I've heard about it ...

No comments: