Thursday, April 10, 2008

3 Young Contemporaries

It was my first art encounter since I moved to KL. It was at the Valentine Wille Art Gallery in Bangsar Baru. The title was "3 Young Contemporaries", catering 3 young contemporary artists from Indonesia [Ariadhitya Pramuhendra], Philippines [Patricia Eustaquio] and Thailand [Tawan Wattuya].

I was actually invited by Goro, my long lost friend, because it's always feel good to meet old friends in a strange land. So, we went to have early dinner at the Nirvana Restaurant near the gallery. I've been there once and they serve the best "banana leaf". I never like bitter-cod, but I love their fried bitter-cod. Maybe because it's not so bitter. They really cook it in the right way.

After dinner, we went back to the gallery. It was still empty. So, we took the liberty to take as much pictures as we wanted! I found Hendra's paintings were interesting. He's so narcist laaah... All the models in his paintings were himself. I wonder why... Maybe he couldn't get other people to show perfect expressions that he needs to capture. What I like about Hendra's and Patricia's works were that they came in black and white. Very strong black and white. I think it's magical.




1 comment:

gmails said...

Watooo,

Jalan2 mulu yak. enak bener. I've never been to Filipina, but would love to even thought its so polluted as you say so.

wkwkwkwkwk.