Monday, November 20, 2006

Dusk in Kuta, 17 November 2006

It is the bonus of the hard work. Finally, a time on our own. We went out to Kuta beach this late afternoon to catch the sight of sunset. How I long to see the sunset on the beach, any beach! So, we strolled along the Legian street up to the beach and found the perfect spot to wait for the sun to set. This is my dream. Sitting on the beach sand with him by my side, watching the beautiful sun sets, surrounded by a magnificient orange coloured sky. It’s a simple thing that I can’t get everyday. My wish is granted today. So, I really treasure the moments with him. Feel myself in his arm, let the sea breeze play with my hair and smell the salty air around me.

I’m so happy to have his companion today…

I packed my simple dreams along with me when I flew from Bandung. I just want a day with him at the beach, sitting and talking about many things while watching the sun set. I don’t need other things. Just that one. A simple romantic dream that finally come true.

It’s a joyful moments to see his glistening face is full of smile. He seems to be happy sitting close to me, and so do I. We never know when we will have a chance to do it once again. Too bad he has to leave tomorrow. So, it’s really the answer to my pray. I ask for a day with him at the beach, that’s what I got. I’m very grateful that I still have the chance. I’m sure we will come together again some other time.

Black Canyon Coffee, 18 November 2006

I dropped him at the airport and bid him goodbye. I went to the Discovery Mall and had my hair done there. Afterwards, I went to have some coffee and salad at the Black Canyon Coffee.

I’m sitting all alone at the terrace, looking out to the beautiful scenery of Kuta beach. It’s rather quiet at this hour. The sea breeze kissed me. The back sound music is depressing and makes me wishing so hard that he’s here with me right this very moment. I used to enjoy myself for being alone, but it’s like centuries a go. I feel like déjà vu, finding myself sitting alone with a cup of coffee and a book in my hand.

After an hour or so, I decided to stroll along the sandy beach to the Poppies Lane to find some nice sarongs that I saw yesterday. It’s somehow nice to stroll along the quiet beach alone. It feels free. I’m a solitaire. Yes, I miss him so much. Yes, I wish him to be here next to me. But walking alone under the friendly sky, feeling the wind blows over my hair is also nice, especially when the beach is not too crowded yet.

Looking out to the sea, suddenly I feel so vulnerable and fragile. I need him so bad. I need his arms around me because that’s the only way that I could feel safe.

No comments: